Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pinterest addiction

I took a little inspiration from Pinterest lately and decided to try doing something creative with my nails. I wanted them to be fall-like, so I decided to try an ombre effect with an orange nail polish and a brown glitter one.

First I painted my nails with two coats of the orange and let them sit for a day to ensure they were fully dry. Then I took a cosmetic sponge and painted on a strip of the glitter and a strip of the orange and dabbed this on my nail with the glitter on the end. At first I mostly just got a solid line because I just set the sponge on my nail and just put pressure on it repeatedly. This didn't make the sponge move at all, though, so no blending occurred. Then I discovered that the key is to be fully holding the sponge and just kind of blot your nail with it haphazardly, making sure that the sponge moves around on your nail. That's what blurs the straight line and gives you the ombre effect.

The glitter polish mostly just put the glitter on my nails while the brown was absorbed by the sponge. That might be a problem for trying this with two solid colors, but I actually really like how it worked for this look. While they're not perfect (as I mentioned I kind of learned along the way) I a quite pleased with how my nails turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment